Absouletely beeswax candles are safe! Beeswax make eco-friendly and nontoxic candles.
Yes! Beeswax is considered the most luxurious wax for candles and is by far the most expensive. That is for good reason. Beeswax makes slow burning candles and it takes roughly 4448 bees to produce 1 pound of beeswax. Most companies opt for soy wax as it is significantly cheaper and much easier to scent than beeswax.
Keep your wick trimmed and allow your candle wax melt pool to reach the edges of the jar before estiquishing. Please check our Candle Care Page page for detailed candle instructions.
Generally, it is best to blow out your candle after roughly 4 hours. Stop burning your candle entirely when the metal sustainer for the wick begins to show.
As little as possible. A going flame should always be attended, however if proper candle maintence is done the flame shouldn't be dangerously large. Leaving a candle unattended is never recommended.
A candle will eventually burn out on their own. They will run out of wick & wax to burn through. However, it is never a good idea to allow a candle to do so, it is best to blow out your candle before they reach the metal sustainer that holds the wick.
They become unstable. A candle that burns too long can result a dangerously large flame that is more likely to have black smoke, emit smoke, and cuase a fire. A good night of sleep is too long for a candle to burn. Besides, you can't enjoy it if you're asleep anyway.
Technically candles do expire, some of the ingredients that are used to create candles are perishable. The timeframe for which they expire is great so it is unlikely the candle you have will go bad before you use it.